Since both Tim and I were supposed to be at the final consultation with Dr. Agnes on Wednesday morning Tim took Tuesday night off from work. That gave him most of Tuesday afternoon to do things around here. After he got up around 1:00 he spent about 3 hours doing paper work and other things he needed to do. I was a little impatient to start working on the play set but tried not to show it. By the time we got started it was almost 5:00. So this is all we accomplished in 2 1/2 hours. It doesn't look like much and all those boxes are still filled with wood.
After the appointment in Fargo we went to Sam's Club as Tim wanted to see if they had a dehumidifier. Several years ago we purchased one there that is still working. Since Tim's mother's house needed a new one Tim wanted to get one from Sam's Club. While we were there we looked at the finished play set on display. We just started laughing at how much work we still have to do on it. I suggested he take some time off from work to catch up on work around here.
The appointment went well. Dr. Agnes explained everything to us both. I could never have explained it to Tim like that. I think Tim understands how important it is for Daniel to have the therapy which is good since it is going to be a big financial investment for him to make.
Tim checked with his health insurance to see if vision therapy is covered. It isn't. So it will be up to him and God to provide the funds each week for a year or more. Still we are both convinced that Daniel needs this and we will do all we can to make sure he gets it.
While we were at Sam's Club Daniel found a big bag of mixed candy called Chewy Mix. It has all kinds of caramels and tootsie rolls, all good and chewy. On the way home I heard Daniel telling Leah, "When we get home let's play parade." As I was putting things away I looked out and saw them doing just that and had to take a video. I find it so precious the way the children play together. They usually get along so well and are such best friends.
I leave you with the video. It's not as good as the first time I saw them playing "parade" (I didn't get that on video) as Leah was distracted with the candy that was already on the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment