As I said in my previous post I got tagged twice this week. It is fun to read what other people came up with and the tag gives me ideas on something new to post. I thought I would take some time to think about my answers. But life with two small children, homeschooling, taking care of a home and husband, etc...is busy. So my answers won't be very deep. But I hope they will be fun.
Thanks to my young friend, Cora, I was able to copy and paste these directions. I still couldn't get the award to paste. So I will just go with what is here. If I have time I will try to get the award on here later.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Copy the Award.
3. Post it in your blog.
4. Tell us 7 things that your readers don't know.
5. Link 7 new bloggers as recipients.
6. Notify winners of award with comment on their blog.
7. Keep being an encouragement!
1. Some of my hair is turning white from the vitiligo I have. Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease where you loose the pigment in your skin. It doesn't just happen all at once. It shows up in spots.
2. I don't like to talk on the phone. Mostly I don't like to call people. I'm not really sure why as I do like to talk to people otherwise. That's why I would rather email or message people.
3. I like to go to bed early. Usually I am in bed by 9:00. With the nights coming quicker now I sometimes feel like I could go to sleep at 7:00. My father was one who went to bed early, in the winter at least. He would go to bed at sundown. Then he would be awake by 3:00 in the morning. When we were younger Tim and I and the kids would stay at the farm on weekends. Sometimes I would wake in the night and have to use the bathroom. Dad would try to get me to visit with him at 3:00 in the morning! He had the coffee all ready. But I was too tired to do that. Now I wish I would have!
4. I don't like big crowds of people. It just seems to wear me out to be around so many people and a lot of noise. My father was like too. I think I have many of his personality traits. He was a quiet man. Sometimes I wish I were more like my mother. She was outgoing and definitely not shy. I guess opposites do attract. Tim is outgoing too!
5. I used to love to go rollerskating. I'm thinking of that because today is the monthly homeschool ice skating party in Jamestown. Tim has been taking Daniel and he can skate really well now. Even though I could roller skate I never did well at ice skating. Now I think I wouldn't like to try and fall down. Today Tim is going to take Leah as well.
6. My favorite candy bar is a Reece's. I don't really like to eat peanut butter on bread. But I love the candy bar. When they were younger my older kids used to buy me Reece's for my birthday or Mother's Day. I always enjoyed that immensely.
7. Today I am going to prepare a birthday meal for my middle child. His 20th birthday is on Sunday but we will celebrate on Sabbath. It's kind of odd to think of him as my middle child as for many years he was the baby and Whitney was the middle child. I asked Brandon what he wanted for his meal but he was too nice to say. So I'm planning to make fettuccine alfredo and chicken as I know it is one of his favorites. He did say he wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
I am only linking one person to do this tag as I don't know very many people who blog. I will link my friend, Dawn.
http://dawns-hope.blogspot.com/
This was fun. I will talk to you all again in a couple days. Have a blessed restful Sabbath!
2 comments:
Happy Sabbath to you, Kimberly~
I enjoyed reading your tag (and was glad to see that you got the cutting and pasting figured out!) and I could relate to a lot of what you said--about not liking to talk on the phone; not liking large crowds; about having your dad's personality more than your moms...... I sometimes really wish that I had more of my mom's personality, as it would come in really handy. :) But, I guess God made us as we are for a reason, right?
Have a lovely day!
Cora
That's so true about God creating us the way we are. It took me a long time to realize and be comfortable with that. I saw that in each of my children as well. Each was born with the personality they have.
Post a Comment