Monday, May 23, 2011

Better Now

I am happy to report that we are doing better.  Tim and Leah both came down with the flu, Leah on Friday and Tim on Sabbath.  Daniel thought he had a stomach ache yesterday but seemed fine as the day went on.  Leah is still a little weak and has not eaten much for a few days.  The rest of us are keeping a light diet as well.

I was able to get everything except my maps put away from the trip.  The laundry is washed, dried, and put away as well.  Yesterday I did some spring cleaning.

My goal was to get the bedrooms cleaned and if I had time, the inside of the van but I didn't get to the van.  I cleaned my room first, it wasn't messy just needed walls, furniture, and floors washed.  That was easy. 

I didn't want to do school in a messy school room so I tackled Leah's room next.  That took a little longer as it was messy.  Since she was too weak to help I was able to throw more things away that they will not miss.

After a light lunch I figured I may as well get to Daniel's room as well.  His was more messy that dirty.  Once I got things put away it didn't take me long to wash down walls, floors, and furniture. 

It is nice to have those rooms cleaned.  All I have to do now is to clean the windows and wash the curtains. 

I am hoping Daniel will still be feeling well today so we can get back to school. 

I was watching video of the Today Show's coverage of the tornado devastation in Joplin, Missouri.  It looks terrible.  My heart and prayers go out to those people. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I went to college in Joplin, MO. When I saw the pictures, I couldn't believe the amount of destruction there was. We too are praying.

I am glad that you are all feeling better. Blessings on the end of your school year! Enjoy your summer.