Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 2


Since we stayed at Billings our first night out and I was able to find out that my great aunt is still living here we looked her up and went for a visit early the 2nd morning. It was so nice to see her. We found her the same as she was, still spry and full of the joy of life.


 

She has a cute apartment.  I'm so glad we stopped.


We saw such pretty scenery all along the way.  These are some mountains in Montana.



We made frequent stops.  It's not as easy to drive all day as when we were younger.  The children appreciated a chance to get out and run a bit, too.



These pictures were taken at a pretty rest stop somewhere in western Montana, almost at the Idaho border.



Lots of snow here...


Idaho


We stopped for the night west of Spokane at a nice Best Western.  It was late and both Tim and I were too tired to take the children swimming.  We got a pretty early start and got to see lots of things on Friday but I will put that on the next post.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You were planning on swimming? But there's SNOW everywhere!! (Am I that much of a wimp from being a lifelong Texas??)