 |
At our ocean side motel
This morning Tim decided we should see the ocean one more time. So we went down HWY 1 to Fort Bragg. It was a beautiful but twisty drive. It was great to find a nice motel right beside the ocean, eat our lunch, and do some sight seeing.
We spent most of the day at different beaches. One was glass beach. Years ago when people still did things like this it was used as a dump. People would dump their garbage and even old cars right on the beach. After it was all cleaned up they found that old pieces of glass still washed up on the beach. It is not sharp anymore but looks like pretty little rocks. We found hundreds of old spark plugs embedded into the rocks. Daniel even found a metal rim embedded into the rock. The cool thing about it is that it looks like it belongs, like God's creation has absorbed man's mess and made it into something beautiful.
I had more pictures I was going to put on here but they took too long to load onto blogger.
While on one beach we saw sea lions very close on some rocks and swimming in the ocean with their pups. We enjoyed watching the mothers and babies interacting. I'm so glad to have had this last day.
I love this picture of Daniel.
|

I don't want to leave California. But I am looking forward to seeing Dustin. I love Arizona, too, and probably won't want to leave it either.
We hope to get an early start tomorrow as we took extra time off from driving today. So I had best get to my bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment