We are in Arizona now. Day 8 was spent driving through California from Fort Bragg to Hesperia which is just north of San Bernadino. Day 9 we had few miles left from Hesperia to Scottsdale and made it there by 1:30 to Dustin's. It was good to finally see him. There was a nice Hampton Inn right across the street from his apartment complex where we got a room. Since it was almost 100 degrees there was no problem swimming in the outdoor pool. We drove down to Old Scottsdale and had a great dinner at a Mexican restaurant. As much as I would have liked to have done other things in the area, it was too hot for me to handle.
Tim and Dustin got up early on day 9, picked up the U-Haul trailer, and loaded Dustin's things. The children and I stayed at the motel, slept in, had a wonderful breakfast, and relaxed by and in the pool. The men were finished before checkout time. Then we headed north.
Since the motels were full in Prescott we are staying at Cottonwood. I find the temperature more to my liking here. It is in the 80's. We found a nice motel here and plan to stay for one more night.
Last night we ate at the Blazing M Ranch and took in a cowboy show. The food was good and so was the show.
Tim especially enjoyed the show.
Leah had to try all of these cut out face pictures.
I am really looking forward to today. I've never been to my cousin's place and she is making us dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment