Each morning we have such a nice free breakfast. Motels really put out a lot of food. It is nice to get that start to the day.
We headed south along 101 and saw some beautiful coastline. I could look at the ocean each day and not get tired of it.
We stopped in Crescent City and found this lighthouse which is only accessible during low tide which just happened to be when we were there. There is lighthouse keeper in residence.
While at the visitor center in Crescent City the kind lady gave us lots of good information about the Redwoods. We sure were amazed at these giants.
Tim couldn't make it through with the van.
These trees are so old.
This is little Leah and me.
Daniel and Leah are by "The Big Tree."
Tonight we are staying in Eureka. No, that's not South Dakota. We are still in California. We will be heading inland tomorrow so we can make it to Phoenix by Thursday.
I am thankful for the travel protection and give glory to God. Today while I was driving through one of the towns I almost had an accident. A lady pulled right into my lane and then proceeded to stop as she was going to turn left. I'm sure she never even saw us. I was positive I would hit her as our bumpers could only have been a couple inches apart.
I would appreciate any prayer you might say for us as we still have a lot of driving to do.
2 comments:
Glad for God's protection so far. Will pray for continued safety! :)
I love the lighthouse and redwood pictures!
You are in my prayers!
Dawn
Post a Comment