I am looking for ideas. When we moved to this farm almost 13 years ago(?!) there was a nice little deck extending from these front steps. Even though I painted it each spring the deck rotted and we tore it down a couple years ago. These steps are getting pretty bad, too, and need to be replaced.
Cost is a consideration. We need to do something that doesn't cost alot of money and it needs to be a DYI project. Although it would probably be the least expensive I really don't want wood. I'm thinking stone and/or cement with a new walkway that has nice plants along each side.
Eventually I would like to replace the picture window (that doesn't open) to the left of the entry with a glass door. It would be nice to have a patio (again not wood) under that. I have visions of beautiful potted plants, patio furniture, an outdoor fireplace, and lots of friends to enjoy it with us. I hope we can do that someday.
Here is a picture of our other entry. Although the steps could be close to 100 years old I still like the looks of them. We don't plan on replacing them anytime soon.
Oh...I forgot to rotate this picture. Just turn your head to the left.
I have long been interested in the phases of the moon. I get an astronomy newletter that is helping me find planets in the night sky. Here's the web address to that: www.classicalastronomy.com/The_Sky_This_Month.asp . Also, I have been learning how to keep time according to God's calendar at www.michaelroodministries.com/biblical-hebrew-calendar.htm which involves the new moon.
With the clear skys the last couple of weeks I have had alot of opportunities to see the different phases of this month's moon.
Last evening just at sunset we walked down to the east end of our trees. We spent some time looking at the cows and calves and watched Misty, the horse, being bossy towards them. As we were walking back to the farm we watched the sunset. Then we saw a racoon cross the road in front of us. It made me so happy that I can live in this place and this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment