Friday, July 17, 2009

Fencing

I spent the morning cooking for Sabbath. I'm making a bunch of Mexican food. If I think of it I will take some pictures of the food tomorrow. We are having Aunt LaVerne, Shirley, and the Listuls over after church. I do like having company and cooking special things!

After I had cleaned my house I was going to sit outside and paint my toenails while Leah swam in the little pool. It has been a little cool here so she didn't even stay in the pool long enough for me to get a first coat on my nails. While I was sitting there I noticed a pickup coming from the east. My first thought that it was Whitney.

Well, it was Whitney and Ryan. They came to tighten the fence where the cows are. We visited a bit and they should finish with the fence in time to have supper with us. So I don't have long to write. I posted a bunch of pictures though so I hope you enjoy them.

Here's the grandmother cows with their heifer calves chewing their cuds.





Daniel is talking Ryan's ear off!


Whitney taking the clips off the fence.




She's quite the farm girl.


Another picture of the girls.




Cora, after I watered in my garden I took some pictures. Here's some of my lettuce and the potatoes.




My corn.



Here I've got the water on my peas. I planted 4 varieties. Two are doing well and two aren't. I will have to make note of that so I know what to plant next year.





The tomatoes and peppers.





My anaheim chili peppers. No peppers on there yet.





The little bell pepper I've been watching.





A few of the tomatoes




A beautiful flower arrangement that Russ Davis had sent to the funeral home. I had it in the house but Daniel and I both were getting stuffed up from it. It looks nice outside, too.




Some of my flowers.
















No comments: