Monday, July 20, 2009

Whitney and Ryan's

I had a request from Dawn for some pictures of Whitney and Ryan's place. This Sabbath afternoon we took our guests over to see Whitney's place as they had never seen it. It was such a gorgeous day with little wind. We enjoyed them seeing the house and different buildings. We walked through the pasture and some enjoyed a little fishing in the creek.

This is a picture of the west side of the house. They use this door that opens into a large entry with a big closet, a sink, their washer and dryer, and the basement stairway.



Whitney is pretending to cut bread. I love her kitchen and am a little envious of all her cupboards and counter space (and her dishwasher that Ryan got her as a wedding gift!)


This is the building they are making into a chicken coop. Ryan has the fence started on the side. They put in some windows and are planning to tin the roof and maybe put new siding on it.

Oops! I didn't mean to put this picture in here. I meant to put in one of the north side of the house where the rabbit cages are. Well...this is just north of the house looking down to the creek (to the NW) that runs through the pasture.



This picture is looking NE. Misty is that white spot on top of the hill in the center of the picture.


Whitney, Renee, and I enjoyed a walk through the pasture down to the creek. We did have to get our feet wet to get to the spot where some were fishing.




Here Leah is playing in the nice sand beside the creek where the road had washed away this spring. We enjoyed just sitting there a bit soaking up the peace.



They started working on the road Thursday and got a good portion filled in. Here Whitney and Brandon are looking at some tiny bullheads that Brandon scooped up in his cooler.



Brandon is trying his luck at the ole fishin hole!



Here is a bad picture of the south side of the house that I took out of my van window while we were leaving. The house doesn't look very big from the outside but is quite spacious inside. As I mentioned the east entry is large. The kitchen and dining room are roomy as is the living room. There are only two bedrooms but the basement is nice and could be finished with more rooms down there.












2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures! It's neat to see Whitney in her own kitchen. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks much, Kimberly, for all of the pictures of Ryan and Whitney's homestead. WOW--it is really nice!!!!!! You are so blessed to have her living nearby--I am soooooooooo very happy for you both!
Love always,
Dawn