Sunday, July 12, 2009

My brother

Just thought I'd write a post about my brother. My father passed away over 17 years ago and my mother 7 years ago. I only have one sibling, my brother, Michael. He now lives on the family farm with his wife Laura.

Michael has long loved nice fast cars. The summer I was 16 he bought a '78 Trans Am. He had other cars that he liked better and let me drive it. Boy, did I have fun with that! When I was at General Conference in New Mexico he got rid of it. I was so disappointed. That following December my parents and I went to Florida on vacation. When we got back he told me to look in the garage. There was the Trans Am. My father then bought it for me.

I haven't driven it much since I got married and had children. It really isn't a family car. So it is in really good condition and only has just under 60,000 miles on it. This past May Brandon took it down to Wahpeton and replaced alot of old hoses and different things. I got to drive it back home and noticed something while driving it. After explaining it to Brandon he thought it was the clutch. I have to admit I had been hard on the clutch as I did like to squeal the tires sometimes.

Brandon checked online for a new clutch. Tim and I decided we couldn't afford to get one right now. On Thursday Michael called me and wanted me to come over and pick up my birthday present. My birthday isn't until August 25th. But I was happy to go see what he got me. You probably guessed. It was a new clutch!


Brandon loves this car!




When we drove up Michael was sitting in front of the garage just like my dad used to.




Here's my sister-in-law, Laura. She likes fast cars, too. She and my brother race on weekends. Laura also races her motorcycle and almost always wins!





I told Michael I was going to give him a kiss. I said it was kind of weird as I had never given him one. He wasn't too enthused!






He looks almost in pain in this picture. We all got a good laugh out of it and I do think he kind of liked it!







Brandon is working on putting this in today. If you see something red and loud go by you it just might be me!







2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Wow--I didn't know you were the squealing-tires type! :) Blogs are so neat! Now we know what your brother and his wife look like and everything!

If we ever see a red blur going by, we'll wave and assume it's you. :)

Mayo International Gardeners-- said...

"I had been hard on the clutch as I did like to squeal the tires sometimes."<---LOL, I'll say!!!! That was sweet of Michael, say hi to him from me. This post brought back lots of memories, Kim. Take care of yourself!