Yesterday seemed very busy. I did lots of laundry, some of which I hung out on the line to dry. In years past I used to hang everything out. Too much fatigue right now to do that. Plus I have to iron so much if it isn't dried in the dryer.
This past week I have been working on my spring cleaning. I know, I know, spring is past but I haven't finished all the cleaning I normally do in the spring. Since we live right by a gravel road in an old house things get really dirty here. I washed windows and siding on the west side of the house and the north. I wiped down all the walls in the living room and part of the back entry. My computer area of the back entry will probably need a couple days worth of cleaning to get it right. But maybe I will save that and call it "fall cleaning."
Then I gave our dog, Sunny, her weekly bath. Sunny has all kinds of allergies. We finally found dog food without any grain in it which has helped alot. But she still struggles. I think she gets into things outside that trigger a reaction, too. Her ears get so swollen and smelly. And her body gets itchy. Well she is clean and smells good for now.
After Sunny's bath I cleaned the bathroom really well. With Daniel's help I cleaned his room and the stairway.
Brandon got off work early and went to town with the little kids and me. Since I got a phone call right before we were going to leave we didn't get started until 4:00. The call was important so I was happy I answered the phone. We did have to rush a bit as our main reason for going to town was to see Dustin play softball.
Dustin was always big on sports. He wasn't even 2 years old when we got him his first ball and bat. You know the kind, a big red bat and plastic ball. He could hit that ball, too. Since he was my only child at the time I could spend so much time playing with him. I can still see him running around the "bases" while I pretended not to be able to get him out.
Last night they played the "best" team and lost two games to them. It was still fun to watch. My son is still a great player. Jared Schlenker is on his team and he plays really well, too. Here's a picture of Dustin getting up to bat. Dustin helped design the team shirts.
Dustin is number 34. Do you know who that is for? Some of you might. He has long been a Twins fan. He and my mother would love to watch the games. She even took us to some in Minnesota. They would always talk about the Twins when they got together. Kirby Puckett was number 34 and was Dustin's favorite player. Dustin connected with the ball really well in this picture.
It was great watching you play, Dustin. Your quiet demeanor and way you interact and never get angry at your fellow players makes me proud. I love being your mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment