Daniel is less enthusiastic about school work. He would rather be outside. One thing I like about My Father's World is the curriculum choices, like Singapore Math, they recommend don't take as long to do as other ones, like Saxon, although we will most likely use Saxon in the later grades. I had already purchased Spelling Power and like the fact that it is non-consumable and can be used for all grades 3 on up when I read about All About Spelling. After reading more about it I decided Daniel would benefit from doing it even though it meant shelling out more money. It, too, is non-consumable so I will be able to use it for Leah, also. All About Spelling really stresses learning the phonograms which is so important in reading and spelling. We have done 4 lessons in it already this week and like the way it is presented and its ease of use. Here Daniel is doing some handwriting practice.
Sometimes it is challenging to find quiet things for Leah to do while I am helping Daniel. But she is usually good about keeping herself busy with the preschool toys and games we have in the schoolroom. This time of the year you can find such cheap crayons, markers, and such. They are always exciting for her as she loves to color and draw. Each of the kids has their own drawer with just "their" stuff. They can only use it during school time to keep it more interesting to them.
Yesterday we got a call from my friend, Renee, inviting us to go swimming at the pool. I hadn't planned on going up to town yesterday as I have to go today and tomorrow as well. Because it hasn't been warm enough or the kids were sick we haven't gone to the pool all summer. I made a quick decision to go. We did enjoy the pool and I was happy Daniel remembered how to swim as it had been awhile since his swimming lessons.
This evening I have an appointment to get my hair trimmed so we will go to the pool again this afternoon. It already feels hot out there. I guess I'm not used to it being in the 80's!
1 comment:
I enjoyed these pictures of your students! I can remember when they were just little babies. How time does fly!
Post a Comment