Yesterday Whitney called me to say she was coming over to get her horse, Misty and her rabbits, Smokey and Rascal. She made it here so we could share our morning coffee together. How nice!
Brandon was here so we all sat around a bit talking of Grandpa and the things we will need to do. Whitney had found some good information on a typewritten sheet listing alot of the things Dick had been involved in throughout the years. It will make it easier to do up the obituary. She is also going to get some pictures together to take to the funeral home for a video.
Whitney has been cleaning Grandpa's house every other week for many years. When she would get there in the morning they would visit a bit before she would start work. He had told her that he wanted "Amazing Grace" sang at his funeral. This morning we are finally going up to make the funeral arrangements.
But let me get back to the moving of the animals. Whitney and Brandon got everything loaded. Then Whitney loaded Misty in the back. Misty has not been in a trailer much but remembered how to load and didn't give any problems. It's not a far drive over to Whitney and Ryan's and I followed with the van. I was so upset that I had forgotten my camera.
Whitney and Ryan's place is so beautiful. To the north of their farm is a nice creek with hills and valleys. Ryan and his dad, Richard had made a small fenced in area just east of the house for Misty with a gate opening out into the main pasture down by the creek.
Whitney first put Misty into the small fence but decided to open the gate as the horse was a little high strung about being in a new place. She had spent most of her 12 years at our farm. Brandon walked through the gate first with Misty following like a big puppy dog. We all walked down the hill to the creek. Misty doesn't like water so she went back up the hill and explored a little on her own.
After we unloaded the rest of the animals and things from the trailer Whitney, Brandon, Daniel, and Leah took it back to Richard and Janice's place. The little kids got to look at the baby kitties. I stayed to keep an eye on Misty.
Misty seemed to do well. She would come up and I would reassure her. Then she would go back in the big pasture. She did this several times. Whitney planned to stay around the farm so she could keep an eye on her to make sure she did okay.
Now I only have the chickens to take care of here and Ryan's 3 cow and calf pairs to water. It's good for Whitney to have animals to take care of. It will be comforting for her to have Misty there with her.
Thank you all for your kinds words of comfort at this time.
2 comments:
I hope your plans for the funeral are coming along well... We're praying for you all.
It would be great if you could take some pictures of Ryan & Whitneys' place sometime, as I'd love to see it!
I will do that. I have a few pictures of the road north of their place that was washed out this spring. And one of their farmstead but I need some better ones.
Post a Comment