Monday, May 17, 2010

Fun in the Sun



We did get sun.  It feels so good.  While checking on the children I saw this scene.  They had the beach umbrella and chairs around the fire pit.  Who knows what fun thing they were playing.




  Thursday evening I looked out at my bird feeder and saw a bird I had never seen.  I keep my "Birds of the Dakotas Field Guide"  handy so I can look up any birds I don't recognize (which are quite a few.)  I found that this bird is a female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak.  Later I saw the male though he was too shy to let me get his picture.


I also saw this pretty dove.


The dove wasn't too sure those big birds were safe to be around and was keeping her distance.



When checking on the children I saw them sitting in the ditch surrounded by a sea of dandelions.




They were doing this.




I would ask prayers for my dear step dad, Bob.  He has been in the hospital since Thursday night.  The update I got from Bob this morning states they have siphoned off 14-16 liters of fluid with lasix IV.  This accumulation of fluids is the result of the Mitral Valve in the heart not working properly.  They are looking at surgery to replace that valve.  His doctor in Tulsa is recommending a doctor in Ohio who does that type of surgery several times a day.  It looks like he will be doing this in the near future.

Also we have had some illness here.  Leah has been sick since Tuesday night.  She had a fever and congestion.  I think she is out of the woods now.  Saturday night I came down with a fever and spent most of yesterday and last night with it.  I have a lot of drainage going down my throat (yuk) though I feel better today.  But I have lost my voice and can only whisper.  It is such a weird feeling.  I'm hoping if Tim and Daniel get this they won't get as ill as Leah and I did.

Blessings of health to all of you. 


No comments: