Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Glad the wind is gone.

What a wind that was!  It is so nice to not hear it today.  It looks like it will be a really nice day out there.  Maybe I will feel well enough to actually do some work around here.

For the last 12 days I have been ill.  It started with Leah getting a fever and cough.  A few days later I got it.  The fever lasted for two days but the weakness and coughing continued much longer.  On Monday I finally felt like I was a little better.  Yesterday was pretty good and today feels good so far.  I had prayed that Tim and Daniel wouldn't get as ill as Leah and I did.  And they didn't.  They have colds but never got the fever and weakness.

Since we all felt better we did make it to Fargo yesterday for Daniel's weekly appointment.  We started early as I wasn't sure how fast we would be able to drive in that wind.  So we got there one hour early.  As there is a McDonald's right on the road close to Dr. Agnes' office we stopped there for awhile.  I got a mocha (mmmmm) and the children played.  Dr. Agnes said he tried Daniel on some harder therapy but it was a little too much for him.  Daniel remarked that it wasn't very fun.   Usually he likes it at the office as he gets to do different things than we do at home.

We didn't spend much time in Fargo as I don't feel much like walking around.  We stopped at a couple different playgrounds so the children could play and we could eat our lunch.  We filled gas.  And we stopped at the Stockman's Center (I can't remember the name.)  so I could pick up some syringe parts for Whitney.  They have been busy working cattle.

We stopped in Jamestown to see Dustin.  He is leaving in a few days.  I really don't know how I will bear it.  But I know that with my Lord's help I will get through this time.

After doing shopping at Wal-Mart we went home a different route than we normally take so we could drop off the cattle supplies at Whitney and Ryan's place.  They weren't there of course but we did look at her new baby chicks and the kittens before heading home.

It was good to get home and get things put away and be in my own home again.  The children were sad to find that "Jack", the dog was gone.  He looked really sad when we left in the morning and must have taken off shortly after that.  I hope he will find a good home.

It is nice to be done with school for the summer.  I had planned to paint my living room, back entry, and maybe the dining room last week.  And I thought I would be all caught up on my spring cleaning.  Now my house seems even dirtier as I haven't cleaned it for two weeks now.  I think I will be able to do some cleaning today.  I will leave the painting for awhile yet. 

I best be going and get to doing something.  Blessings to you.

No comments: