Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Last Few Days

It has been hard to find time to get on the computer and write here. I've been busy each day with Daniel's vision therapy. It has been taking us over and hour to do. I tried some of the things he has to do and found they are hard to do. Plus we are still doing school each week day. The nice thing about that is we are almost finished for this year. We have one week after this and we will be done for the summer. That will help us as we get into the routine of vision therapy.

On Sabbath we had some friends come over for lunch after church. It was so nice to be with them here. As the husband has allergies to animals they could never visit us. Since we no longer have animals in the house they were able to spend the whole day. The kids had a great time playing together. In the evening we adults were able to play a game of "Hand and Foot." I love that game.

On Sunday I felt like I was coming down with a cold. So I haven't done anything extra around here as I have no extra energy.

It was nice to see the sun shining on Monday. The kids went outside most of the afternoon and were playing so nicely. Whitney stopped over here in the late afternoon so I got to visit with her. That's always nice.

Yesterday was our weekly trip to Fargo to see Dr. Agnes. I can see that I need to leave about 15 minutes earlier than I did. I stopped in Jamestown to get some money from the ATM. Then I got a cup of coffee from Burger King since it was right there. We just made it to the office by 10:00. I like to be at least 10 minutes early.

Daniel got to do some different things at the office than he does here at home. I could hear him talking away to Dr. Agnes. He isn't shy around people he feels comfortable with so I'm glad he feels comfortable with Dr. Agnes. Leah and I sat in the waiting room. We colored and read out of the books that were there. The time went fast.

We didn't do much shopping. I did get groceries and gas from Sam's. And we stopped at Menard's to pick up the Hoppers they were out of last week. They had given me a rain check. A hopper is an inflated ball with a handle that kids can hop around on. They were only $5.99 and already the kids have had great fun with them. I'm sure they help with balance and coordination.

We stopped at Barnes and Noble as I was looking for a gift for someone. I could easily spend a whole day there. The kids liked it too. Leah cried when we had to leave. She doesn't usually do that but she was looking at books and had a couple stuffed animals she was playing with in the children's section.

I forgot about the road construction on the 45th street exit and went that way. So there was a detour to I94. It took us west past Home Depot. On that street we finally found a playground. We stopped so the kids could get out and play for a few minutes. It was kind of cool and windy so they only played about 15 minutes. I was able to sit in the van and watch them and look at the book I found at the book store. I think that little bit of exercise helped them sit for the return trip.

Of course it was windy again. But it wasn't as bad as last week's trip home. It didn't get really windy until we got close to Jamestown. By then we were almost home.

I'm really glad for the rain but am getting tired of the gloomy days. I would love some sunshine!

No comments: