Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day

Well it has been raining it seems like all month with only a few breaks in between.  I love rain but have a hard time when it rains for days at a time.  I have little energy and don't get much accomplished here in the house.  I should do more in the house now so I can be outside when it gets nice. 

This morning I have enjoyed watching some of the birds that are dining at my feeder.  These sparrows come every day. 



This morning I saw a flicker below the feeder.  When I was taking pictures I saw it across the driveway.  Must be getting a few worms.



(I'm using the new tools for Blogger and find I need to learn new things again.  The alignment keeps changing.)

Tim and I have been parking our vehicles outside.  The gravel road is so muddy.  No sense getting the garage full of mud that we will have to scrape out.



This is our last week of school.  Daniel is so excited.  It has been a good study but I am happy to be done for the school year. 

This week Daniel is taking tests on the geography he learned.  At the beginning of the year he was able to only name one country, USA, on the pretest.  So far on his post tests he has done so well.  He knew all the North American countries but got Honduras and Belize mixed up.  He got all the South American countries correct.  He did well in Europe but not so well in Africa.  Today he will take the Asia test and on Friday Australia.

Last week he finished his math book, English, and spelling.  So our school days this week have been shorter.  That's okay because we are starting each day with 1 1/2 hours of vision therapy.

I see on the weather forecast that sunny warmer weather is on its way.  I am looking forward to that.

No comments: