Even though we were unable to go to church we had a nice Sabbath. Whitney had planned a going away dinner for Dustin. I wasn't feeling the best and hope that I didn't pass along my germs. But I sucked on cough drops and didn't talk much as I still don't have a very strong voice.
Here someone was coloring.
It was fun to see Dustin color.
We enjoyed being with him all afternoon. Sure going to miss him!
Whitney had made chicken chimichangas and beef enchiladas for lunch. Mmmmm, it was good.
They have such a nice home with good sized dining, kitchen, and living rooms.
The children always enjoy Ryan.
A few weeks ago a cat was dropped off at Ryan and Whitney's. Whitney is sure she was a house cat as she kept trying to get into the house. And she was pregnant. She now has five cute baby kittens that she birthed right up by the house's foundation out in the open. Whitney moved them to a shed. On Sabbath the little mother brought them back to the house. If it would get hot outside those babies would bake pretty quickly on the south side of the house. The mother is sure a nice cat but apparently not too bright about keeping her kittens safe.
Whitney had heard that there was a man from the area who was said he was going to drop off all his animals at different farms. We had two dogs show up here yesterday. It really made me miss Sunny as she would have run them off quickly.
Daniel was outside doing chores, letting the chickens outside, feeding them, and feeding Misty, the horse, when two dogs showed up. He felt the one looked like it wanted to get him so he hid in the chicken coop for awhile. When he felt it was safe to come out he went to the play set and from there made it to the house. He told me about the dogs and that one was killing chickens. I got Tim up and he caught the dog chewing on a chicken. Tim did away with that dog. But we don't know what to do with the other one.
It is a shaggy black miniature collie type dog. He seems nice and intelligent. He didn't take part in chasing chickens and has not shown an aggression whatsoever. He is very obedient. I don't really want him but don't have the heart to do away with him. He, too, seems like he was a house dog as he tried to get in the house yesterday but after me telling him "No" he hasn't tried again.
I can see that he is full of ticks. So I suppose we will have to pull them off. I've fed him and he seemed very grateful. I am already attached and so are the children. He will follow us all around but doesn't care to play. Daniel named him "Jack" after "Jack" in the Little House series.
I think it is free to put an ad in the Lost and Found section of the newspaper so we will have to try that.
2 comments:
Hi Kimberly,
When we lived over by Hwy 83, we'd have an animal show up almost every month. You know me, I thought that we just HAD to keep them, all but Robert knew better.
Once we acutally found the owner, who was very grateful, so it's worth a try. Robert helped me to realize that, if the owner didn't think it worth the time to get him a good home, it was NOT our responsability to feed every stray in the world. Dropping off your pets on the road is about the lowest, meanest thing a human could do. ):
Dawn
I guess it was taken out of our hands and I have to admit I am a little relieved. When we got back from Fargo he was gone. I still feel sorry for him though. I could tell he wanted to be home and would get hopeful anytime someone would drive past our place. And I agree about how low it is to drop off pets!
Post a Comment